EXAMPLES OF CYLINDERS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THE EUROPEAN NORMS
- Single-use cylinders have been banned in Europe since 2007
- Not compliant with the ADR regulation that regulates the transport of dangerous goods
- They are intended exclusively for markets outside the European Union
- May contain unregistered chemicals (Reach)
- They have no clear information about the manufacturer
- They are often without labels with safety instructions
- The Safety Data Sheet (rarely provided) does not correspond to the manufacturer, is not in Italian, does not contain the REACH registration number of the chemical
- The refrigerant is most probably not covered by a regular quota in the European Union
- The supplier almost always does not withdraw the vacuum for the next refill
KNOW THE RISKS
Regulation on fluorinated gases No. 517/2014, effective as of January 1, 2015
- regulates the introduction of greenhouse gases in the European Union (all F-Gases distributed in the EU must be covered by regular import quotas)
- prohibits the commercialization and use of non-refillable containers, also known as single-use containers
Arrest of 3 to 9 months or fine of 50 000 to 150 000 euros.
Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of December 18, 2006 (also known as Regolament or REACH) Title II Art.6 requires that the importer, which exceeds the quantity of 1 ton, submit the imported substances to a "Register ".
Compliance with the registration must be done by the importer, unless the foreign supplier (as a producer) has complied with this requirement.
The lack of registration of the substance (or in some cases the mixture) is punishable by art. 3 of Legislative Decree No. 133 of 2009, unless the act constitutes a more serious crime, with a pecuniary administrative penalty of 15 000 to 90 000 euros.
Writing and failed delivery of the safety data sheet.
Punished by art. 10.2 of Legislative Decree No. 133 of 2009, unless the act constitutes a more serious crime, with a pecuniary administrative penalty of 10 000 to 60 000 euros.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND MARKINGS
3 Every transportable pressure vessel placed in service on the Community market must be marked Pi (∏). The Pi marking (∏) certifies that the container meets all the essential safety requirements
(RES) of all the European directives applicable to the pressure vessel.
In addition to the Pi marking (∏) the container must be regularly stamped with the indication of the test pressure, reference construction standard, date of next periodic testing; in addition, the approval number must be stamped on the valve.
THE CYLINDERS HAVE A "SERVICE TERM" DATE OF 10 YEARS
SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Issued by the manufacturer
- Clear indication of CAS No., Index No. and EC registration number
- In Italian
- Unique identi ﬁ cation of the producer
- with highlighted address and telephone number for emergencies
- Clear indication of the manufacturer
- Safety instructions (possibly in Italian)
- Pictogram compliant with ADR regulations
- Unique number UN
* Translated and copied from https://www.generalgas.it/blog/bombole-gas-refrigeranti-illegali-come-riconoscerle-e-rischi-conseguenti.htm